Sunday, June 21, 2009

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

We had a wonderful Father's Day. I'm so glad it was good, because the night previous was a rough one with diabetes, so we weren't sure if we would wake up to more than we could handle.
Bret's newest baby, Eliza. Bret enjoyed his gifts from the kids... running shoes, a (much needed) wallet, a tin of Slim Jims just for him and him only, and a DVD. The kids had found a huge Simpson's card with sound and insisted that be the card for Dad. We went to church and the Primary had a medley of songs prepared. Xander didn't want to go up, but Darci did. So, Darci and Christopher sang their hearts out for him.
After a nice afternoon nap we joined my parents and Brett and Shendi for dinner. A big ol' BBQ with the works. The day was gorgeous and we ate outside and played with the dogs and chickens. We listened to music and danced. We went on a walk around the nature trail. We are always so grateful for the country atmosphere at my parent's house.
Bret you are such a wonderful father. Our children and I are so lucky to have you. You have done it all as a father (and even a mother) in 2009 already and I appreciate you sooooo much. I couldn't ask for a better companion to help me in the day to day life of our family.
And thank you to my other fathers. My dad is the very BEST. He truly leads by hard work and faith and example. He is one of my very best friends. I give him a hard time and keep him on his toes, but he knows it's all out of love. Bret's dad is such an example of building a gospel centered home and he truly adores his grandchildren. Between these two men, Bret and I have so much guidance in how to do this parenting thing right.
Grandpa's newest baby, Woodrow.
Grandpa dancing with Darci.

No comments: