Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter (kind of)

Yesterday was Easter Sunday and the LDS semi-annual General Conference. I was really looking forward to making it a nice and spiritual Sunday for my family. And then I woke up at 3am very, VERY sick. When I wasn't closed up in the bathroom I was asleep. I was so disappointed that I couldn't see my children go through their easter baskets or make them a nice breakfast. I didn't get to find teaching moments as they listened to the prophet speak. And I didn't get to fill my spiritual cup from Conference for myself. Thank goodness the talks can all be read next month.

Yesterday DID reaffirm what a wonderful family I have. Bret got the kids fed and let them each pick out an couple of candies. He had them watch a little conference and discussed it with them. The kids all worried over me and came up to see me and give me get well wishes and loves. Bret took some pictures and came up and gave me a priesthood blessing.
Christopher was able to tell me about the prophet and what he spoke about and all the kids were able to come tell me about the true meaning of Easter.
How blessed I am to have this wonderful family and how grateful I am to Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice that will allow me to have them forever !!!
Christopher was so excited to get a "Reeseter Bunny" and the movie "GI Joe".
Xander did not want his picture taken. He had a rough morning, but was very happy with the day at the end of it.
Darci is such a cheeser. She got a new Webkinz and a ball and hardly noticed there wasn't very much candy.
This is Eliza's 2nd Easter, but felt like a first when it came to the basket. She got her 1st Webkinz and a ball and was just happy with the excitement around her.

1 comment:

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

Sorry you were sick. Mom's shouldn't be able to get sick. Happy Easter!!!