Monday, March 31, 2008

Reflecting on numbers


Today I've been reflecting on numbers. Yesterday Bret turned 37 years old. He says he feels old, but I don't think he looks or acts old. I sometimes forget he's 7 years older than me. For his birthday we had a nice, relaxing day. He says it's exactly how he was hoping for. Just the kids, and he, and I. We watched the movie "Enchanted" and then had cake and ice cream. We "snuggled under the purple blanket". This is a new favorite of the whole family. Watching a movie in our family room and snuggling under an old comforter of mine. All 3 kids look forward to it and love it. So do Bret and I.
3 kids. Another number going through my head. I'd definately like to have another, but when... and is it possible to lose 50-60 lbs (another number) before getting pregnant. I think that weight loss is crucial to me not having so many problems late in my pregnancies. I've been stuck in the same 10lb range since Darci was born. I'll diet and lose 10 lbs and then get sick or just get derailed a little bit and eventually gain most or all of it back. I don't feel like I can even think about planning a pregnancy until I can lose a significant amount of weight and keep it off. That's why I'm looking ahead right now. It could be a good12-24 months before I feel like I can even attempt pregnancy (more numbers).
We measured and weighed our kids today... just for fun. Christopher recently had a growth spurt and all his pants got short. Christopher is 44 inches tall and weighs 41 lbs. I think he'll always be a little on the srawny side, but I think it's possible for him to be pretty tall eventually.
Xander is 40 inches tall and weighs 35 lbs. We get a lot of comments on how big he is. He's the youngest Sunbeam in primary, but he's by far the tallest.
Darci is 30 inches tall and weighs 22 lbs. She's right on track for her weight and a little on the tall side. Kind of funny to me because she does not look tall and skinny. She has quit the appetite on her.
Anyway, thanks for putting up with my wandering thoughts.











1 comment:

Katie said...

Marissa I hope you figure out whats going on! I like reading your blog and your random thoughts! cute family!