Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Xander

I wanted to write a little bit about Xander. Xander is such an amazing little boy. He has a very strong personality and wants things done his own way. His spirit has always been bigger than him. Those of you that are close to us know the hard way he came into this world. Many of you also know that there I times I really struggle with him. We butt heads often and have many battles of will. This week he and I have really bonded more. He has taken his role as big brother and mommy's helper with Christopher in school seriously. This morning he helped me clean the kitchen without asking and he and Darci have become inseperable. This is the kid who wouldn't even look at Darci until she was 6 weeks old. He is making a very conscious effort to "be a good boy" and asks me all the time if what he did was right. I had a hard week last week and had several days where I didn't much like myself and was really down on myself. Xander has such an insight. Christopher is sensitive to my feelings, but Xander always knows just what to say to make it better. His insight and depth are amazing to me. It's not that I don't feel this way about the other two, and it's not that I suddenly feel this way about Xander... I just feel it stronger lately. I feel what a special and strong spirit he is. That he was saved for these last days for a reason. I love my little Xanderman and I know he has great things in store for him.

5 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Marissa, I love it. I love those moments when everything we already know becomes a little more clear to us.

Hild Family said...

He is such a cutie! I'm glad you two have been getting closer lately. I was sad when I heard you weren't liking yourself. I like you, I think you're great. I feel bad we haven't really hung out. I hope you feel better now, and if you need to- call me. I'll tell you how great you are! I hope that didn't sound retarded! :)

Marissa said...

That is great!
I love those times when we get a little glimpse into the eternal perspective of our children and realize more the responsibility we have in nurturing them.

Melinda said...

What a sweet boy!

Mark and Becky said...

He is one of my favorite little people. He truly is an amazing little spirit. He always makes me smile. You need to call me when you have times like that. I love you so much and hope you will call me the next time you are down!