Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's pretty :)

So, let me preface this post by pointing out that most of you that know me also know that I am no little-miss-holly-hobby-molly-mormon-homemaker. I try... it just doesn't come naturally or easily for me.

So, the fact is that today I made a cake. I very rarely make dessert. Mostly because when I do I'm tempted to eat every last bite by myself. I'll hear whatever sweet treat it is calling my name at 3AM. Being pregnant, it is even harder to resist. More rare is that I made this cake and it is NO ONES birthday, anniversary, promotion, etc. No special occasion to warrant cake making. I just made a cake, because I thought my family would like cake tonight. As I went to bake the cake I realized that we somehow have NO 9x13 pans. Usually I just make a typical, rectangle 9x13 cake and frost the top and and we eat it right out of the pan. So, I decided on two 9 inch rounds. I put a yummy pudding/whipped cream filling in the middle and a yummy frosting from Janet's recipes on the top and sides. Orange in color by the kids' request and a few sprinkles. I'm certain that others could make a much prettier cake, but this was pretty good by my standards and the kids loved it.

6 comments:

Mark and Becky said...

That looks very good! You did a really good job.

JAMIE said...

It's a great cake!

Melinda said...

It looks GREAT! Yum-o!

What's the yummy whipped cream/pudding filling, and Janet's frosting recipe? I might have to make me one soon :)

Hild Family said...

Wow! Looks good. I never make a cake just because, and I always dread making birthday cakes when I have to.

Inalynn said...

It looks yummy. I don't make cakes very often and when I do it usually is one with pie filling or apple sauce as the moisture, so no frosting to make it yummier.

Anonymous said...

No-reason cakes are the very best kind!