Sunday, July 19, 2009

Eliza... Nature Girl

I cannot believe summer is half over and we just barely had Eliza's first swim. It would have been early June, but it was just too cold when we went that time. On Thursday, July 15 we went to Grandma Rosemary's pool. She LOVED the water. She kicked and bobbed and babbled. She never minded getting splashed by the older kids and the colder temperature of the pool (compared to her baths) only phased her for a second.

A few days later we were playing in the back yard and I wanted to lay Eliza down, but I had forgotten a blanket. Now we already knew Eliza likes being outside. When she went through colic the outdoors soothed her and she loves her walks. Bret decided to lay her down right on the grass. Most of you know what usually happens when you sit or lay a young baby on grass. They kick and squirm and HATE it. The older three did. I was sure we were going to have an angry Eliza on our hands. NOPE!! She loved it. She kept grabbing it with her hands and clenching it in her feet. What will she discover from nature next?
I also added some fun pictures of the girls in Mickey ears. We're hoping that Disneyland will be happening next spring.
Daddy swims with Eliza. Swimming feels good when it's 100* outside. Darci didn't want to be left out.
Feeling the grass in her fingers.
Contemplating the universe. Disney girls! They're a little big. I think she needs her own :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

They are so cute! I love that Eliza loves feeling the grass between her toes!

Liz King Bradley said...

All your pics are so cute! You have way cute kids...where are you? ;-P Same place I am I imagine...behind the camera!