Thursday, July 30, 2009

Poor Darci!

Darci just can't catch a break (no pun intended). This evening Darci was playing outside with Xander and she was heading up our garage stairs when she fell. I was sitting at the top and I just watched her trip over her own feet. She took a good head-over-heels tumble and landed on the cement floor. I picked her up and hugged her tight. She was just shaking. Then we did a body check. Legs ok, hips ok, head, right arm,.. left arm she wouldn't let me touch. I tried to move it around and take a good look, but it was mostly hurting her. We decided the best option was to head into the ER. She was in good spirits for the most part.
The dr gave her a good check and said x-rays would show best. Darci has what is called a buckle fracture. It's very mild, but she will need to be in a splint for 3-8 weeks. An orthopedic dr will determine that for us. We call him tomorrow.
She was the hit of the ER. They were slow and Darci was being her sweet and sunny self. All the drs and nurses said she was so good for her age and so brave. She wasn't so sure about the splinting, but I convinced her it was a princess glove. Even the male nurses were taken with her :)

1 comment:

BeckyAndGirls said...

This poor girl! Hmmmmm who does she remind me of???