Tuesday, August 25, 2009

FHE in Salem

Since Bret usually works on Monday nights we often head out to Salem to my parent's home to have family home evening. One of our favorite things to do is ride the horses and play with the animals. The kids will gather eggs and feed the chickens. We play with the dogs and we ride the horses. Darci DID NOT want to get off.

Last night Christopher rode a horse all by himself (without grandpa leading). He also rode Polka bare back. Just held on to her mane. She tends to just follow Duke where he goes. Eliza got on with grandma, making it officially her first time on a horse. Xander on Duke and Christopher on Polka.
As I've previously mentioned, Eliza likes to just lie in the grass. We have had to kick Woodrow off of her many times. That dumb dog just loves her. Last night he got good at laying beside her instead of on her and I caught him kissing her face. She was actually laughing, so I snapped a picture before pulling him off and cleaning the dog slobber up. Xander with Darci on Duke.
I think my kids will forever be fond of these times with their grandparents.
Grandma and Eliza on Duke.
Eliza getting kisses from Woodrow.

3 comments:

Armstrong Family said...

Looks like lots of fun! What a blessing for your kids to have them so nearby and can make such special memories with grandma and grandpa.

Mark and Becky said...

Looks like so much fun! The kids have grown a ton since I have seen you! I miss you so much I am hoping to come visit soon. Maybe when Mark gets your computer done. Love you:)

Our Biggs Family said...

I love the pictures of the dog with your little one. So cute. It looks like your kids love the horses. It is so beautiful there...it makes me miss living there.