Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Darci Rose

Oh how my mother's heart has experienced many emotions today as I've looked back over the last 3 years. If you regularly follow my blog you already know what a very special little girl Darci is. And you also know how special it is that she was born on her namesake's 30th birthday. My sister, Darci, was born Jan 14, 1977. She was 10 weeks early and only lived 6 days. She is my only earthly sister and there have been many times in my life that I have longed for her here on earth. I knew from a very young age that my first daughter would be Darci. I can only describe it as a miracle that Darci Rose came on that day.
About a month ago a friend of mine that also has a child with diabetes told me that her mother has said her little girl HAD to get diabetes or else she would be perfect. This hit me hard as I realized it was quite true for my Darci Rose. What a miracle she is in my life. She's my hero and is an example to me daily (even if she does still have her 3yr old moments that make any mother want to rip their hair out).
Today we let her go get a treat and watch her favorite cartoons (her request). And (also her request) went to McDonald's to celebrate for dinner. She opened her present from us and from my parents. New cowgirl boots from Gma and Gpa and a dress up trunk from her family. She is so happy with her day and there is still a party coming on Saturday.
Eliza helps celebrate.
Christopher and Xander on the playground.
Darci hamming it up on the playground.
Eliza as Snow White.
Darci as Sleeping Beauty.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Looks like Darci had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Darci!

The Pingels said...

Happy Birthday, dear Darci!

Armstrong Family said...

Happy Birthday, Darci! I'm so glad she had a great birthday! I'm looking forward to celebrating tomorrow with my FAVORITE "betes girl"! ; )

Megan said...

Looks like she had a fantastic day!