Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Teaching Joy School

This last week was my turn to teach Joy School. I always struggle to feel like I'm giving them the knowledge I'm supposed while keeping it fun. The letter S has proven to be pretty fun. We did Space (including the sun and stars). I hung somewhat of a solar system from the ceiling fan where we did class. They were in awe of the planets and stars.

The next day that I taught we did superheroes and I made them all capes. We talked about superheroes being smart, speedy, and strong. We talked a little about fictional superheroes and then we talked about REAL superheroes. Our moms and dads, drs, policemen, firemen, soldiers, etc. What a fun time it was.
Macy, Isaac, Bryce, Joey, Maggie, and Xander. We were making snakes out of playdough and then they wanted to combine their snakes into one big one and turn it into an S.

1 comment:

BeckyAndGirls said...

How adorable! Ever think about getting a teaching degree?