Friday, December 17, 2010

Xander's 6th birthday

Dec. 2, 2010

It was a super fun day for Xander and the rest of us as we celebrated his big day. With Xander being our "middle child" and with his birthday so close to Christmas I really try to make it a special day. I left the house early in the morning to get some donuts and chocolate milk. On my home I called the home phone and had Christopher gather all the kids at the kitch table. I came in the door with goodies in hand and singing a very loud and silly version of Happy Birthday. I know one day I will completely embarass my kids, but right now they think I'm pretty cool and funny and they were all tickled by my theatrics.
After school we went to the University Mall and visited Santa and saw all the Christmas decor. They played at the playground for a little while. Then we met both sets of grandparents near there at Xander's favorite place... Pirate Island Pizza. Yummy pizza, fun atmosphere, and lots of arcade games for all the kids' levels and they are all generous with tickets. Xander was in HEAVEN!!!
The very next day I got to go in his kindergarten class and read his favorite book to the class and out goodies. Xander was every bit as excited to share his favorite book and introduce his mom and sisters to his class as he was to go to Pirate Island.
I adore Xander. He is such a special little man. He finds the good and beauty in everything. I love that he'll tell complete strangers how beautiful they are. I think he daily makes some woman's day by his expressions of "Your hair is GORGEOUS!" or "Mom, the lady helping us is BEAUTIFUL!" He is also quick to give his mommy compliments, too.
I love my Xanderman!!

1 comment:

Mark and Becky said...

I Love Xanderman too! You don't have any pictures with him from his birthday. Love you!!!!!!