Thursday, May 8, 2008

EGD

Esophagogastroduodenoscopy... that's what EGD stands for. I had one done today. They put you under sedation and put a camera down your throat. They look at your espophagus, stomach, and duodenum. I guess during mine they found a lot of inflammation in my stomach. They took a biopsy and I'm waiting for results now. I've been having stomach problems on and off for several years now and in the last month it has gotten pretty bad. I have horrible heartburn and stomach aches. I've taken every medication under the sun. Hopefully the good drs will find something that can be taken care of easily.

3 comments:

Hild Family said...

Oh you poor thing- that doesn't sound like fun at all! I hope they find something easy to fix too. You have too much to do and have no time to feel yucky! Keep me posted!

Our Biggs Family said...

We hope you get feeling better and they can find what is wrong. I am sure the waiting is hard.

Katie said...

Marissa any word yet on the results? Is there an end to the misery? I hope so!