Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Christopher!!!








We've been celebrating Christopher's 6th for the past couple of days. His actual birthday was yesterday. I always find myself reflecting back on that day they were born on their birthdays. Sometimes I think birthdays affect mommies more than the actual birthday boy/girl. I told Christopher that his birth was so special to me, because he is who made me a mommy.
He got a trampoline from Bret, Xander, Darci, and I. We gave it to him yesterday morning before Bret had to leave for work. It was still in the box. He was so excited I just had to put it together for him. The instructions said it was a 2 person job, but I knew I could do it myself. 4 hours later Christopher and Xander were having a blast.
Christopher had Kindergarten in the afternoon and I got to bring treats for him. All the kids sang to him and enjoyed their cupcakes. I forgot until yesterday morning that the treats needed to be store bought and not home baked. I was lucky to find a large selection of cupcakes with plastic rings on them with Star Wars, Ninja Turtles, and Disney Princesses (for the girls).
This morning I woke up and started working on getting everything ready for Christopher's birthday party. He chose a cowboy theme and Grandpa Pingel ran with it. He brought one of his horses, bales of hay with lassos, and stick horses for racing. There were friends from the neighborhood and cousins and it was lots of fun. Christopher loved ALL of his presents. He's like his mommy and is just excited that his friends would get him ANYTHING.
A little later that evening his Grandpa and Grandma Armstrong came and gave him a gift and watched as he and Xander jump on the trampoline. This trampoline is already used more than I was hoping for and I'm thrilled.
It's been a fun 6 years and I feel so blessed to have a son as amazing as Christopher. Those that know him know how sweet and sensitive and caring he is. He is a very good boy and so very smart. He has a sensitivity to things of a spiritual nature and has started talking a lot lately about serving a mission when he's 19. He also takes his education very seriously and wants to make sure we do lots of reading and writing and numbers (his favorite) this summer. What kid does that!! I'd like to say I'm doing something really right, but a lot of it is just Christopher. He's a special and GREAT kid.

5 comments:

Mark and Becky said...

I am so glad Christopher had a good birthday. Sorry I couldn't be there. I love you guys and hope you are feeling better. Love ya:) Becca

Our Biggs Family said...

He sounds like a great kid. The party looks like so much fun. I am sure they love the trampoline too! It is so neat to see pictures of your kids...kinda wierd to think the only time I ever met him was right after he was born! That was a long time ago!

amy k said...

My how time flies. I remember when you just had him and brought him over when I had Kirsten. We really need to get together some time.

Hild Family said...

He IS such a great kid. I can't believe you put the whole trampoline together yourself! You're amazing girlie. I also can't believe how big Darci is getting. She and Haylie need to play. Call me sometime!

JAMIE said...

It looks like his birthday was a great time!!