Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Jenny!!!


Kip and his new girl ;)

The birthday girl opening presents

Kayla, Elise, Christopher, and Xander getting candles

Crystal and Darci

A little bit early. Her birthday is actually Wednesday, June 25, but we decided to go 2 days early to celebrate.

Jenny is Bret's older sister and she is such an example to me. Her faith is strong and she teaches her children right. She's a single mom, a Relief Society counselor, a school teacher, a helpful daughter and sister. She's been through some of life's hardest circumstances and still comes out on top. Her ex-husband is not a nice guy and really not a good father. He was a HORRIBLE husband. Yet she is so nice and wonderful and strong. I'm sure she doesn't always feel that sometimes. I hope she know how much a look up to her and that I think she's amazing for all she's been through and still turned out as good as she has. I hope that the future has nothing but happiness and blessings for her.

We met at Bret's sister's (Wendy's) house and had yummy pizza. The cousins (as always) enjoyed each other. Bret loved gabbing with his brothers. They are so funny together. They are sarcastic, funny, and you can tell they enjoy being together.

I really enjoyed visiting with my sisters-in-law. Crystal is Dustin's wife. I've always felt a distinct bond with her and I miss her when she isn't at family activites. She's pregnant with her first child and I couldn't be more thrilled for them. Jenny is so good at making me feel like I'm a part of the Armstrong clan. I don't have sisters and she gives me a glimpse of what it's like. Wendy is so generous and willing to give you whatever.

My favorite picture here is the one of Kip and Darci. Kip is Bret's youngest brother. He's single and gets a hard time for it. He's a good guy that will make some girl very happy someday. Darci has been really clingy lately and won't go to anyone but mom or dad. It takes a lot of effort and "warming up" for her to go see anyone else lately. She totally chilled with Kip. Sat still with him and acted like they were the best of friends. Says something about him, I think.

No comments: