Thursday, June 26, 2008

LAGOON


It was hard (as always) to get Xander in pictures

Xander driving

Christopher and Darci driving

Darci loved riding whatever she could alone

This was a miniature version of the swinging ship

The Firefly

Just off the Tilt-A-Whirl

Plenty to share. The corn dogs and french fries were so big we could all share two of each.

Carousel

Mini-roller coaster. Darci was upset because we weren't going yet.





Christopher has been asking for 2 years now when we are going to Lagoon Amusement Park again. We've hesitated because it has gotten so ridiculously expensive and you can't ride a whole lot when there are 2 adults and 3 little kids.
Well, we discovered that a friend was having a Stake Lagoon Day and couldn't use their tickets and took advantage of the discount price.

WHAT A FUN DAY!!!! The kids had a BLAST. Christopher was just 1/2 an inch too short for most of the big roller coasters, but after he got over that he rode everything he possibly could. Xander and Darci would have gone on everything if given the chance, too. We had to calm a few tears and distract to other rides quite often. Darci would watch the biggest, baddest rides in awe. When a coaster would go racing past and she heard the screams of delight and terror she would look at me and smile and scream right along with those people. Christopher and Xander would have ridden Rattlesnake Rapids 100 times. If anything Bret and I wore out fastest and got the most sick on the rides.

Ohhhhh, I must be getting old. I used to ride coaster after coaster and never feel the slightest vertigo. I could ride the Screamer and then the Musical Express and only feel slightly dizzy. I just couldn't wait to take my turn on Wicked, The Spider, and The Bat. The last couple of times we've gone to Lagoon I've been pregnant and unable to ride the big stuff. Ugggghhhh... I rode The Bat with Christopher and got off clutching my stomach and reaching for a Sprite. I did the Tilt-A-Whirl with Darci. She spent the ride giggling and I spent the ride praying for it to stop and trying to not lose my lunch. So, alas, Bret and I skipped anything the kids couldn't ride and I will take a good dose a Dramamine the next time we attempt an amusement park.

We also did Lagoon-A-Beach. It was 100* and a must. Another area all three kiddos greatly enjoyed. Darci is truly fearless. She went on anything she could and has no problem going down a waterslide or under a waterfall... something her mother still struggles with.

9 hours later we all wearily headed for the car. I'm so glad I had the foresight to pack the kids' pajamas. We changed them and headed for home. They all konked out in the car.

1 comment:

Mark and Becky said...

Looks like you had alot of fun. I miss you! Love ya!