Saturday, June 14, 2008

World's greatest fathers


Marissa and her Daddy 1982


Daddy and kids 2007

Grandpa Pingel and Xander 2005

Grandpa Pingel with Christopher and new Darci 2007

Daddy with Christopher and new Darci 2007

Daddy and new Xander 2004

I should have saved this post for tomorrow since tomorrow is officially Father's Day. But today is when I've had these thoughts.


My Grandpa Pingel... I've missed him so much since he's been gone. He was one of the sweetest men I knew. Every meal was the greatest he'd ever eaten. He never had anything bad to say about anyone. He raised 2 of the most amazing people I know. Between him and my grandmother there was a love of God and the gospel, an emphasis on hard work and working together, and a deep love and loyalty to family.


My Daddy... Today he and I went horseback riding, just the two of us, in the hills of Elk Ridge. The scenery was beautiful, the company GREAT! I've been quite down in the dumps lately and today my dad made me feel so much better. I don't know if my relationship with my dad is a normal one or if I'm just REALLY lucky. He and my mom are two of my VERY best friends. I'm his only living daughter. He is understanding of my flaws and helps me find and build on my strengths. My dad and I are quite a bit alike in personality. For some that makes for a clash of wills, but my dad and I really enjoy each other. My dad is the strongest man I know... physically, mentally, and spiritually. I am grateful to see him as often as I do and that my children will continue to grow with him in their lives. He has taught my brothers and I (along with my mom) a love of God and the gospel, an emphasis on hard work and working together, and a deep love and loyalty to family.


My Husband... the love of my life... the love of my eternity... my VERY, VERY best friend. He loves me no matter what. He thinks I am the most beautiful woman on Earth. He adores our children. I simply don't have enough of the right words to describe what an amazing husband and father he is. He finds such great joy in the time he spends with us. His favorite times (and mine too) are the ones spent within the walls of our own home when everyone is here together. He finds happiness in the laughter and happiness of our sweet children. He gives us all that is important in this life. He is understanding of my flaws and helps me find and build on my strengths. He helps our children find and build upon their strengths. He is teaching our children (and I hope I'm helping him) a love of God and the gospel, an emphasis on hard work and working together, and a deep love and loyalty to family.


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY 2008

3 comments:

Mark and Becky said...

What a great tribute to two amazing men! Love ya!

amy k said...

Very sweet and sincere. You are lucky to have so many good men in your life.

JAMIE said...

What a nice tribute to the amazing men that have helped you! Great men are a rare commodity, you've been blessed.