Wednesday, October 1, 2008

GREAT GRAPES!!

So, when we moved into our home 5 years ago one of the things we loved is that the previous owners had landscaped it in a way that took minimal work on our part to keep things pretty. One thing we discovered was 3 grape vines. I don't know how to grow grapes. The 1st year they went to the bugs. The next couple of years I tried to pick and eat them, but they were teeny tiny. My neighbor that grew up working on grapes as a youth in California told me how to prune them a get a good fruit. This year we have an amazing crop of grapes. WOW!! They are a seedless variety and very sweet. I've been told they won't be good for juicing. I'm wondering if I can jelly them. They really are good to just eat. I've only picked about 1/4 of what I need to. It's something I will be working on for the next several days.
This picture is what I have picked, cleaned, and removed any bad grapes from. It came to around 8lbs of grapes.
If you would like some grapes please come get some. They are at perfection right now. Just the right size and sweetness and not mushy yet. Also, the bugs have mostly left them alone (except the bees).

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Holy moly Marissa! They look so yummy!

Our Biggs Family said...

They look so good. I think grapes are God's way of giving us natural candy! Good luck with all the juicing and jamming! My sister who lives in Springville has grapes and she makes juice and jam out of them. It is so good!

Rebecca said...

Tag you're it! I tagged you on my blog. Great looking grapes by the way. I wish I could make it up and grab a few.