Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Christmas Miracle

We had a little Christmas miracle occur at our house today. My emotions have run the gamut lately. My little family have all been sick on and off since the week before Thanksgiving. Just yesterday Bret was diagnosed with Strep throat. I've been frustrated because it seems like we just can't catch a break. I have already started in on mild contractions and feel frustrated because I haven't been able to bring in a little extra by doing hair. Things have been a little tight financially around here. But who hasn't been struggling? We have still felt very blessed with what we have (minus health). As Bret and I ate some lunch this afternoon (brought to us by a very kind neighbor) our doorbell rang. I couldn't figure out who would be at our door in the middle of the afternoon. As we opened the door all that was there was a card and a cute Tigger and Winnie the Pooh (which immediately pleased Darci). We looked around and saw no one. We brought the surprise gift into the house and opened the card. All it said was "Merry Christmas. There is a surprise inside Tigger and Pooh. From Santa". Tigger and Pooh had little zippers on their backs and inside was a VERY generous gift. I haven't cried that hard in so long, and believe me I've cried a lot lately. I had to explain to my boys that they were tears of joy. I don't know who our secret santa was, but I hope you read this and know how very, VERY much we appreciate your gift. I hope that I can find a way to pay it forward and give like you have given to us. Darci with the bearers of the gift and her new favorite snuggle buddies.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Christmas miracles!!!

Rachel said...

What a wonderful blessing to your family!

Megan said...

What a wonderful surprise!

BeckyAndGirls said...

I love Christmas miracles! And no one deserves it more.

Kimberly T. said...

Christmas miracles are the best!! You guys so deserve it!

Armstrong Family said...

That's a pretty nice surprise! I hope you and Bret are able to get something for yourselves now.

Hild Family said...

Wow- you really deserve that. I'm happy for your family. Miss you guys!

Sharilyn said...

:*) That made me a little teary too. What a happy, wonderful surprise... and it couldn't happen to a nicer family.