Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Xander!!

***Xander about 3 days old***

I really think that for mothers a child's birthday is a time to reflect on the day that child was born and what has transpired since. I remember the day he was born VIVIDLY. ***Xander 11 months old***
Xander is such a special child. He came to us after we had a baby that was stillborn. He has a unique personality and a strong spirit. He is in the position of middle child, but makes sure he gets his fair share of everything.
***Xander on his 2nd birthday***
I wanted to make today very special for him despite it being a weekday and Daddy having to work and Christopher going to school. We started out by heading to the store to order his cake for his party coming Sunday. He's excited to do things Indiana Jones style. He also picked out a donut and a chocolate milk for today. Then we went to Target and he picked out a toy. His choice was the game Hungry Hungry Hippo. We got back in the car to meet Grandma Pingel at the mall for lunch and I noticed he looked very flushed and tired. By the time we pulled up to the mall he was fevering and listless. Oh dear!!! Just like Christopher on Thanksgiving. Despite it he enjoyed his time with his grandma.
***Xander on his 3rd birthday***
The rest of the day he mostly slept and watched cartoons. He didn't even want his pizza and rootbeer for dinner. My poor little man. Hopefully his party in 5 days will make up for the crummy day he had today.
Xander, my man, Mommy loves you so much. You bring such a light into all of our lives. Your joy of building things whether it be puzzles or blocks or potato heads amazes me. Your love of music and singing makes me happy. Happy Birthday Xanderman.

5 comments:

Mark and Becky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY XANDERMAN!!!!! Aunt Becca loves you. He has a special place in my heart. Love you guys!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday, Xander! Your post made me teary. I can't believe my little girl will be four in two weeks! Where does the time go!

BeckyAndGirls said...

"Xanderman, Xanderman, if he can't do it, no one can!!" I just love this kid to pieces. Especially his strong spirit. He'll make a wonderful daddy one day.

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday Xander!

He is such a cute little guy!

amy k said...

He has really grown up. I can't believe you will have three under three....(wait, it just hit me that I had three under 3 1/2.) We'll be down in a couple weeks, maybe we can "get together?" It's been so long!