Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy 8th Birthday Christopher

I can't believe my firstborn is 8 years old!!! The time has flown like lightning. He is such a good kid. He is so excited for his upcoming baptism and to start in Cub Scouts. He enjoys his friends and school. He is anxiously looking forward to summer. He has such a great testimony of the Gospel and we have moments when he teaches Bret and I. I've heard a few people express that getting baptized at 8 is too young. That they can't possibly be an accountable age. But I have seen the strength and spirit in my own son that proves that this is the perfect age to be taking such a big step. He is my big helper. I can ask him to do anything and he does it without complaint. He cares deeply for his younger siblings and tries his best to be kind and loving. He is constantly aware of those around him and he has concern for everyone.
I love you Christopher!! You first blessed me by making me a mom and you continue to bless my life always!!

2 comments:

Original Ping Family said...

This post made me cry. Christopher really is an exceptional young man and I love him so very much!!

Jill Freestone said...

Hi Marissa! I saw your blog on libby's - hope you don't mind my visit. I just had to comment - I so agree with you on the wonder of 8 year olds. I love teaching the gospel to my kids! Its so wonderful to see them grow. i can tell you're loving it too and doing a great job! enjoy the baptism - its the best!