Friday, January 16, 2009

I Love to See the Temple

With Bret working every Monday night we've struggled with finding consistency in real Family Home Evening nights. So, we decided to do Thursday nights when Bret is always home. Last night we took the kids to eat at Golden Corral. They love Sweet Tomatoes and we thought they'd like Golden Corral even more with more food choices. They did really enjoy it, but I prefer my Sweet Tomatoes. Then we headed up to the Mt Timpanogas temple, where Bret and I were married. When the temple came into view Darci gasped. We talked with them a little about why temples are so special and were surprised by the knowledge Christopher and Xander had retained from primary and past discussions about it. We let things get quite for a minute to let things sink in and to "Be Still". Something I'm trying to allow more of in my life for the spirit to sink in. This whole time we're kind of circling the temple and going through the parking lots. Suddenly Darci starts saying "Bumple, bumple!" and pointing at it. I was so thrilled to see something of our teaching sinking in with her, too. We sang the song "I Love to See the Temple" and Darci sang 'bumple' in a sing-song voice the whole way home. It gave Bret and I such a feeling of contentment.

2 comments:

Brossettelewis said...

Yay. I loved when Miles pointed out Esa (Jesus).

Liz King Bradley said...

That's an awesome experience!!! Yay for parenting!!!