Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January blahs

Seriously, January is so cold and boring. Yes, we do have Darci's birthday coming up, among a few others, but there really isn't much to make January move faster than a crawl. My kids are not snow bunnies. That's my fault. I don't like playing in the snow and so they don't either. It's been a particularly icy and stormy January; and it's only the 7th! I don't have the money to use retail therapy for me or take them to eating establishments that have fun playgrounds. Besides, those places are teaming with horrible germs. I'm not a germ-phobe, but after how sick we have been I'm not taking chances. Christopher, thankfully, has school to keep him busy and happy. I can only play Chutes and Ladders and Candy Land so much with Xander and Darci. Xander has already mastered the 4 or 5 100 piece (supposed to be for ages 5 and up) puzzles he got for Christmas. I don't have the creative energy to come up with much more than that. Wah, wah, wah... complain, complain, complain. I really don't mean to. I have much to be grateful for. Eliza is growing and active. I can now feel her move everyday. My panic over her coming too early is lessening just a tiny bit as I reach the stage of viability. The kids, despite being a little bored, are happy and healthy. They get along well and enjoy playing with each other. In fact, Xander happily had a tea party with Darci and I yesterday. Bret is in a stable job in this very unstable economy. I just need the sun to shine a little bit more and the days to creep along just a teeny tiny bit faster.

1 comment:

Liz King Bradley said...

I have sooooo been there. I'm so grateful to be in sunny Florida at this time of year!!! Hang in there girl!!! There's bound to be some sunny warm days that'll melt all the snow and brighten your heart!!!(((HUGS)))