Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stay put baby Eliza

Yesterday I woke up not feeling very well. I thought maybe I had another cold on the horizon, but as the day progressed I started cramping and feeling lots of pressure from the baby. Around 2pm contractions started in. I went to the Labor and Delivery at the hospital where I will be delivering and was put on the monitors. I was having contractions every 7-10 minutes. Several tests proved that there wasn't an infection or dehydration causing the contractions. So, they gave me some medicine (terbutaline) to stop the contractions. I took this with both Xander and Darci for preterm labor and it isn't fun. It makes you all jittery and nervous. Think how you would feel if you drank a couple of energy drinks all at once. But it did the trick and they let me come home around 9pm. I am now on light bedrest until my regularly scheduled OB appointment tomorrow morning and then my OB and I will make some decisions from there. I am only 25 weeks pregnant. For those of you not in the know a full term baby is 37-40 weeks. My earliest baby was 35 weeks. So, we need Eliza to hang in there for 10 more weeks and it may take a good deal of laying down for me to get there. This is not an easy task with a 6, 4, and 2 year old. We will have to depend a lot on other people and that is not an easy thing for me. I've done this with 2 previous pregnancies, but not this early on. I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now and like I am a huge burden on many. Bret is such a great help with this situation, but it really wears on him. He puts on a happy face and gladly picks up the slack, but I can see the worry in his eyes and I know he loses sleep. I feel guilty putting everyone around me through this again, but I KNOW without a doubt that Heavenly Father intended Eliza to come to our family at this time and I need to find the faith to trust in Him to get us through the rest of this. My blog may now, temporarily, become a place for me to vent and cry some of these feelings that come with forced laziness. And I may need some of you to remind me that my most important job for the time being is to get Eliza here healthy and safe. I will try to keep the whining and complaining to a minimum and keep everyone updated, too.

4 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! I wish we lived close enough to have your others over to play! Don't ever feel guilty for bringing another of our Father in Heaven's precious children into this world. You will be blessed for your righteous desire to be a mother. I was just rereading Elder Wirthlin's last conference talk, "Come what may and love it." It talks of the law of compensation and how the faithful will be more than compensated for the trials in life. When you get the chance, read it and hopefully it will bring peace and comfort to you. Good luck...our prayers are with you.

Liz King Bradley said...

((((HUGS)))) Wish I was there, I'd watch your kids for you and put them to bed at night if necessary! We'll be praying for you! Hang in there. It's okay to have to lean on others, you'd do the same for them right? Sending you lots of happy vibes!!!!! Take care of you and that sweet little baby girl. You have friends.

The Hammonds said...

I really hope little Eliza will stay put til she can come out healthy. Let me know if you need anything at all! I know how stressful this type of situation is especially when you need to lean on others to help with your children but just remember it is for your other child and you are the only one that can help with this one where there is many others that can help with your other 3. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayer for us in our scary ordeal now it is my turn. I will keep you and your family in my prayer!

amy k said...

Marissa,

Whine and cry all you want. Being a mom, I know you are just worried for the safety of your children. Sometimes, us stubborn ones, need to take the help that other people offer. It will give them blessings as well. I wish I lived closer because I would love to help you in anyway I could.

Our prayers are with you. Take it easy and remember to put your faith in the Lord.

Love ya!