Friday, January 23, 2009

Bakin' a little longer

I had an OBGYN appointment today and Dr. Barton and I talked in length about where we stand with preterm labor. Because my cervix seems to be obeying and the meds are working he is not going to put me on bedrest yet. Dr. Barton wants me to limit activity and avoid standing too long or being too active. We made a list of reasons to go right in and when to rest and take meds. I got a bonus ultrasound and Eliza is very active and looking well. This is our 5th ultrasound and our 3rd to show that she is STILL a she. Dr. Barton is good to give us lots of looks inside. Today we saw a lot more detail in her face. I'm measuring large, but everything is normal. I am very relieved to not be enduring bedrest yet.

6 comments:

Brossettelewis said...

If he's going to keep giving you lil'shots of her, ask him what your DVP* is (cause I'm nosey and I love you).


*deepest vertical pocket

amy k said...

I am glad things are looking better today!

Still, take it easy.

Mark and Becky said...

Glad things went well. Remember CALL ME if you need anything. I love you tons!!!!

Armstrong Family said...

Good news! Hopefully all will stay well for the duration of the pregnancy. Dr. Barton is a GREAT OB to have, although I don't need to tell you that ; )
Call me in you need a break from the kids or whatever else!

Liz King Bradley said...

YAY!! WE LOVE good news! We'll keep up the prayers!

ShayLynn said...

I'm glad to see that things are going better for your pregnancy. I am also excited to check in and see how things are going for your family... don't you love blogs!! I don't live far so let me know if I can do anything to help you out!!

Our blog is talesfromthetaylors.blogspot.com