Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So Much To Do

I feel like I have a lot to do to get ready for Eliza's arrival. Most pregnant mommies have 3 months and lots of nesting energy to tackle this stuff right now. I don't know how much time I have and a lot of what needs doing either takes a lot out of me or I'm not allowed to do. Bret is doing a lot to compensate, but it's all still a mess. The room that Eliza will be in has become a catch-all and needs to be cleaned out and organized. It also needs a good painting. I've started washing and hanging clothes, but need to find a cheap, small dresser for things like jammies and socks and tights. We need to have a yard sale (when it gets warmer, of course) and then DI run. I would like to get the carpets cleaned. We have a good carpet shampooer, but it's another thing that can trigger contractions. I'm not going to do anything I shouldn't, but I am feeling slightly overwhelmed. I know none of the above is dire, but I'm excited to welcome my sweet baby girl with open arms and a house that is ready for her. I'll walk into the room and think I'm going to get started and then walk right back out.

5 comments:

amy k said...

Marissa, I know this will be hard for you to do, but you will get blessings as well as it will give a chance for others too. Call up the RS President and tell her these problems. I am sure there are people in your ward that just adore you (as I do) and would jump at the chance to help.

I was just as stubborn when I had my surgery, and on the second day of not being able to move, I finally asked for help.

There is nothing wrong with it and it sounds like things that need to get done! I love and miss you girl and I do wish I was closer to help. (and talk)!!!!

Rachel said...

I know it's hard, but everything will get done. Just remember, that Eliza won't need the nursery for a few weeks after she is delivered. She also won't care if it isn't perfect. I know that personally, I was so stressed out about getting it all done, but I finally had to let go and just realize that if there were still some things left undone until after the baby came, that it was okay.

That being said, ask for help. I know that can be hard to do, but I know that there are so many people that are more than happy to help. I wish I could help you out myself - I love decorating!

DENISE said...

I wish I lived near you. I would love to come get you ready for sweet Eliza.

Liz King Bradley said...

You'll be okay, you'll get the help you need. (((HUGS)))

Armstrong Family said...

Remember when a bunch of us went over and painted the downstairs of Dan and Rosemary's basement? I think you were watching the kids but Bret can attest to how gross that was. We got it done, no problem. Yours would be a walk in the park compared to that experience. Just say when and the family can come together and help out, no need to stress when we're all here and willing.
It can all be done in a day and Dan can bring his truck and load up for a DI run as well. I know it's hard to ask but I can't think of a single person that wouldn't be willing to help. Give it some thought and let us know!