Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let's add on one more thing

I got the call from my OB's office today. Only it was worse than I anticipated. Not only did I fail my one hour glucose screening, but it was so high they aren't going to test again. I have Gestational Diabetes. I know it is common and I know it is managable, but it still scares the crap out of me. Lots of people have their vices for coping with stress and emotion. Unfortunately my vice is generally sweets and now I have to give them up. A certain percentage of women that get gestational diabetes go on to have regular type 2 diabetes and with my genetic history I'm realizing that I'm a huge possiblity for that. So, these changes I have to make will probably be lifelong ones. But really my biggest concern is Eliza. There could be complications for her if I can't get this under control and I feel like I have less time than most to do it all. My first appointment with the nutritionist is Monday.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

((HUGS))

The Hammonds said...

Oh my goodness!! You poor poor thing!! I so sorry all this is happening to you. I hope everything works out okay and I hope Eliza comes with no problems. Let me know if you need anything. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

ShayLynn said...

Wow... I am sorry you have to add one more thing to your already crazy life. I am thinking about you and keep checking for updates! I wish you and Eliza all the best!