Thursday, October 8, 2009

Christopher Brainstrong

I had Christopher's first Parent-Teacher conference tonight. According to his teacher he is one of the smartest kids in class. She's tested him as high as she is allowed to on reading and he is very mathmatically minded. He is figuring out strategies and asking math questions leaps and bounds ahead of where most kids in 2nd grade are. He's still my sweet, sensitive guy. I guess there hasn't been a day of school yet that he hasn't cried. He's such a perfectionist and does not want to make any mistakes or do anything that isn't completely pleasing to the people around him. He especially wants to please his teacher. We're going to search for ways to help him cope, and continue to be super proud of him for how incredibly smart he is. Some days I believe he is smarter than me.