Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009

When I woke up this morning I really wasn't feeling the Halloween spirit. I was extra sad, because I usually LOVE Halloween. But as the day went on we all enjoyed our time together as a family and as time to Trick or Treat we were all really excited.
Last year I stayed home to hand out candy, because I was pregnant with Eliza and not feeling great. This year I truly enjoyed going door to door with the kids. Bret was happy to stay home in order to follow the Utes game. Eliza only did a few houses. I mean, she had to do a few for her first Halloween! Then the older 3 did quite a bit. Darci lasted about an hour... Christopher went an hour and a half... and Xander went over 2 hours. He wanted to keep going, but it was getting late and getting cold, and (quite honestly) this mommy's feet were starting to hurt. Xander got SOOOOO much candy. What Darci and Christopher didn't hold out for was the neighborhood full of duplexes. By the time we were headed home Xander's candy bag was too heavy for him to carry and I had to carry it. All the kids had so much fun. I have to admit that Bret and I did, too
Xander's massively huge haul.

1 comment:

Forever Owen said...

The costumes are wonderful! And the tutus are so adorable on the girls, you did a great job on them!