Wednesday, March 31, 2010

1 amazing year!

7lbs, 7oz at 34 weeks!!! Maybe it's a good thing I didn't go full term.
She was a little glo-worm for several days.
Today was Eliza's 1st birthday!! How far we've come in 1 year... and how very fast it has flown. A year ago I had been on bedrest for almost 5 weeks. I woke up to contractions that just felt different. I had Bret take me to the IMC labor and delivery yet again (seemed like we were there a couple times a week). I was 5cm dilated and labor wasn't responding to any of the drugs to stop it. It was a cold dreary day. They got me my epidural and I was prepared to have Eliza within an hour... maybe two. She had other ideas. She was sunny side up and stuck against the balloon of my catheter. Finally around 6PM she made her entrance into this world. Much bigger than a 34 weeks preemie should be and almost perfectly healthy. My 7lb, 7oz baby had to go to the NICU for 9 days to adjust from my gestational diabetes and prove she could grow and eat by herself. This year has been full of ups and downs and growth and Eliza is the perfect little caboose for our family.
Oh, I cannot believe my last baby is 1 year old!!!! It is truly bittersweet. She is such a sweetie. She is a little shy and such a mama's girl. She is easily overwhelmed by a large group or loud noises. She loves being in nursery at church while Daddy and Mommy teach. She started crawling around 10 1/2 months and started "cruising" the furniture over the last couple of days. She can make herself heard over her siblings when she wants to, but mostly quietly observes.
Tonight we had a little birthday gathering for her and it was good for my mother's heart to see the love for my baby girl.

3 comments:

Mark and Becky said...

She is so sweet and adorable! Sorry we missed it. I worked until 8pm that night. Love you!

The Pingels said...

Happy birthday Eliza. She looks so much like Xander, and her hair is getting so long! Keep posting pictures of her so we can see her grow up from far away.

Kimberly T. said...

What a sweet little girl! Happy birthday, Eliza!