Monday, November 17, 2008

"I'm gonna be a man!"

This was Christopher's declaration to us on Saturday morning. Trying to suppress giggles I asked him what he meant. "Well, Mom, first I think I need to start taking showers instead of baths. Also, instead of calling you guys Mommy and Daddy I'm going to just say Mom and Dad. AND I'm going to start wearing a watch." Hmmmmm...ok... I can handle this being a man stuff. Bret then told him some other things he could do to "be a man". Like, helping mommy when she isn't feeling well and being more patient with Xander and Darci, and helping mommy get dinner going on nights he isn't home. Christopher thought on this for a few seconds and then agreed. Christopher gets bigger everyday and it is mind boggling sometimes. He's such a sweet boy and you can tell he thinks deeply about things. So, as hard as it is for Mommy... Christopher is on his way to being a man.

6 comments:

JAMIE said...

that is so cute!! Manhood=watch who knew?

He's such a keeper!

MaryBeth said...

That's awesome! When Aren told me he wanted to be in charge and be the mom I told him what it all meant and he responded, "Never mind. I'll be the dad." You're teaching him is way better than mine ;)

Hild Family said...

I can't believe how big he's getting. He's such a sweet boy. How are you guys doing these days? I haven't seen anyone in so long, but we've also been gone a lot. November is a crazy month for us. Hope you're doing well!

Shauna said...

What a great blog! Thanks for sharing :)

Brett and Shendi said...

oh that is soooo much fun! cute cute

Megan said...

What a cutie! I LOVE Christopher!