Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A sweet surprise

I had my regular 16 week check up with my obstetrician today. It's one that I look forward to with much anxiety since Xander. Before we had Xander I went to this appointment (a week late because of the holidays) and discovered our baby had died. My body hadn't registered that fact and wouldn't go into labor on its own. I delivered and held and mourned that sweet little boy and ever since have lots of fear as that particular time in each pregnancy rolls around. So, we had a long wait in the office. It's a holiday week and things were crazy. After waiting a little over an hour they got us back and Dr. B came in and said, "Should we find out whether this is a boy or girl today?" Ummmm... this appointment usually consist of a quick check of the baby's heart beat and they send you on your way. A bonus ultrasound, whether they can tell the gender or not, is always a treat. He takes us to his ultrasound room and zooms right in. I could tell immediately and so could Dr. B... IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! Now, it's kind of early to be able to tell for certain. It's possible that we'll get to our big ultrasound, that checks the baby for everything under the sun, and we'll find a little something that wasn't there before. But I've been feeling that this baby is a girl for awhile now and the fact that I was able to point out her little parts says something about how clear our view was. So, for now we are celebrating having a little sister for Darci and snuggling another little pink bundle. Naming is currently in the works.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! If it was that clear, then I'd assume you're probably good. Yay for two little sisters.

Our Biggs Family said...

YEA! I think it so fun for brothers to have a brother and sisters to have a sister. We are so happy all is well and she is healthy.