Friday, November 14, 2008

MORE BABIES!

I love babies... especially teeny, tiny new babies. I love their smell; I love their cry; I love how they stay all curled up when you hold them. The worst part is that they just don't stay that way long enough. A lot of people think I'm crazy or lying when I say that I love the newborn stage the best. I don't mind getting up 4 or 5 times a night to feed my babies. I think I like it more with each child, because I know I'm closer to having my last. Yesterday around 9:15am I had a new little niece come into this world. Her parents, Crystal and Dustin, are some of my very favorite people. Crystal is one of the most genuine people I know and is truly kind. She had a rough labor with 3 hours of pushing at the end. They hadn't found out the gender previously so the first declaration was that they had a girl. Next bit of news we found out was that she was 7lbs 10oz with brownish-red hair. She was bruised from being face up and needing a vaccum extraction. Finally, after waiting all day, we discovered that her name is Danika Leigh. I'm excited. I've actually had a strong suspicion that this baby would be a girl and that her mommy would get her way with the name Danika. So, in my mind that is what I've been calling her. Tonight my family is going to see Dustin, Crystal, and Danika. I want to take lots of pictures. Christopher and Xander are so excited for a new cousin. Even Bret is excited to see Dustin and Crystal's first baby. I'm hoping to add those pictures to the blog later. I have this picture in my mind and it is so sweet. I know we don't KNOW what the gender is of the baby I'm carrying, but I've been feeling very strongly that it is a girl. I have this vision of about 3 years from now... Darci is the leader of this little pack of girls. Danika and our baby are following her around and they are doing fun girly things. Hopefully with minimal intervention from parents to calm disputes. I'm hoping another SIL of mine isn't far behind in adding to this group of girls and that cousin will be a part of the group, too. Ahhhhh... I love babies.

2 comments:

Armstrong Family said...

Well, if you're referring to this "SIL", I'm not having much luck. But thanks for the optmism!

Marissa said...

yep, yep, yep. We're hoping you'll add another baby girl into the mix sometime soon. Your luck will change and we'll keep being optimistic. :)