Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More pre-term labor

Last night as I was being a good girl and just laying in bed and watching tv I started having some heavy duty contractions. They really came out of no where. We were about an hour out of Bret getting home from work, but that gave me time to alert the calvary (THANK YOU Becca and Mark for practically spending the night at our house). We got to IMC's labor and delivery around 10:30 and it took until 3:00 to get my labor under control. I had to take A LOT of drugs to stop things. Some that made me feel pretty crummy. I did enjoy whatever it was they gave me for pain. Poor Bret had just worked a 10 hour day, and we didn't get home and to bed until 4:30AM. And he got up, got the kids fed and ready, and worked another 10 hour day. I am now dilated 4 cm, 70% effaced, and a -2 station. The drs want me to go, at the very least, until this weekend. My OB would really like me to make it about 10 more days (if not more). Some days I just want her to stay in as long as possible. Others I just want her out of me. But I DO NOT want a baby in the newborn ICU. So, I will continue to stay in bed and try to find things to occupy my time. It's boring and it is mostly uncomfortable (hanging out at 4cms and trying to stave off contractions isn't what nature inteded). And the drugs are yucky. But I will do this for Eliza and pray she is a VERY good baby :)

5 comments:

ShayLynn said...

We will continue to pray for you that things go well. Try to enjoy bedrest as much as possible.

I really do hope she is just an angel baby for you... and I hope Bret gets some more sleep as well- what a great hubby!

Mark and Becky said...

We will be there anytime. I am just glad we can do something to help. I feel like such a crummy friend not being able to help more. I love you and as always you are in our prayers and all of my families prayers too. Love ya lots:)

Armstrong Family said...

Oh no! I'm wondering if I should have stayed longer and got the kids to bed. Yikes! Glad Becca and Mark was able to come and be there. Please know you can call me too, I would have gladly came back! No problems "booking" the kids for my house on Elise's birthday. It made me happy Xander could be there and celebrate too. We would have done a weekend party anyway. I'm so happy to hear they had a good time and that Xander considers Brady his new best friend. Eliza just might be born on Bret's birthday afterall!

Liz King Bradley said...

I'm praying for you! (((HUGS)))

Kimberly T. said...

Prayers for you, Marissa! Hang in there!!