Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eliza update

She's in a regular bassinett now and out from under warming lights and phototherapy. I've been told as long as she maintains her temperature and continues to eat well we'll go home soon. She's been doing this for 24 hours now. The practical and logical mommy in me thinks things are going wonderful and the drs are doing amazing. The tired and emotional and tired mommy in me (this one seems to be more dominant the past 24 hours) just wants her home NOW! She's doing everything she's supposed to be doing so lets get doing it at home. This is starting to wear on the entire family. The kids are acting out quite a bit. The messed up eating schedule and stress are starting to affect Darci's gluclose levels a little bit. I feel torn between 3 places right now... the IMC NICU, home with the other kids and Bret and taking care of their needs, and my bed (have I mentioned how exhausted I am?). Also, I know people are well meaning, but please quit asking me when she's coming home... I don't know. Don't tell me to take this "opportunity" to rest up... WTH! My daughter in the NICU is not an opportunity and I find it more exhausting that having my baby at home. OK, diregard that last paragraph... that's the tired and frustrated mommy coming out.

3 comments:

BeckyAndGirls said...

Hang in there! I love you.

Liz King Bradley said...

You are WOMAN, we hear you roar!!! Woohoo! Love to you and all your sweet ones!

amy k said...

Marissa, Sounds like Eliza is doing awesome! Life gets crazy when one of your children isn't home. Hang in there!

P.S. No one can understand until they have had one in the NICU. They just don't get it.