Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tests

I have never been a very good tester. I would be acing every class I had, but my tests would always bring my grades down. Eliza is a great tester ;) Last night she passed her car seat test, and today she passed her hearing and screening tests. The nurse handed us a sheet of paper that had a list of things they wanted parents to do before discharge. She emphasized that we should get most of it done TODAY!! What does that tell you??? Tells me they want us to be ready for discharge soon. I also spent about an hour holding Eliza on my chest and rocking this morning. You know the way...? Where they are all curled in and resting their head in the crook of your neck. I love how they just fit perfectly this way. While I held and rocked and sang to her I prayed. I thanked my Heavenly Father for how well she's done and what a fighter she has been. I thanked Him for the opportunity I had to just hold her that way and smell her sweetness. I swear that sweet, new baby smell is what Heaven is going to smell like. And I gave my heartache and frustrations to Him. Today is the best I have felt emotionally and physically in over a week. Happy 1 week birthday Eliza :)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I am glad that you have had a good day, Marissa. I am glad that Eliza wants to be such a perfectionist! ;) I hope that heaven smells like sweet, new babies. That is one of my favorite smells. I also like the smell of my kids head just after they are out of the tub and are all dry, snuggly and warm.

JAMIE said...

I am so glad that she is a good tester and that your spirits are lifting!

Kaylynne said...

That is truly exciting. I am so happy for y'all.

amy k said...

That sounds like great news! I'm glad you are having a good day today. I'm sure the sunshine helps too!

kellyclay said...

Marissa, I am so glad that Eliza is doing so well. I remember the week that I spent with Aidan(36 weeker 8lbs 11 oz) in the NICU luckily I was aloud to sleep in the waiting room so that I could feed him every 3 hours. I hope that she is able to come home soon. and I am so happy that you are doing better. being in the NICU with the tiny babies that had already been there for months really put things into perspective for me!!

The Pingels said...

We're glad things are going well and that she'll be home soon. I think that is the hardest part about having a NICU baby, it is just emotionally draining! She'll be home before you know it and you'll be surprised how quickly you'll forget that last couple of weeks and how hard they were, because it will be well worth it when she's home!

Molly said...

Yay! The car seat test! That is a the best sign!!! Alice was home less than 24 hours after she passed hers. Hopefully Eliza will be the same way.